Compatibility Maturity Model Integration is a movement towards improving processes and hence, performance through the essential elements of performance. CMMI details what processes should be implemented to facilitate an increase in performance in the fields of cost, schedule, productivity, quality and customer satisfaction. CMMI has been adopted in South Africa, Europe, North America, Australia, South America and Africa.
- Process improvements are applied to business operation aimed and achieving objectives. This in turn improves quality of products and services offered.
- Form lucid links between management and engineering activities and business objectives
- Ensure that products and services meet customer expectations
- Integrate experience gained from other areas of best practice
- Address additional organizational functions critical to products and services
- Comply with relevant ISO standards better